Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Plight of a Mother...and a Muddy Dog

Outrageous, really.

I stormed out of the house because I was SO MAD no one was listening to my instructions.  Not even Mr.  Just before I got into the car I saw the muddy dog cowering in the corner of the lawn.

"Get in." I yelled, "you're going for a bath." He jumped in.  At least someone listened.

My temper cooled off as we drove the twenty minutes to the dog wash but I took my time giving Duke a good wash, rinse, wash again, rinse again...oatmeal bath, conditioner...hmm, what else do they have here...looking at my watch ever so often.  I tried to imagine at what point they would miss me, or better yet, when they go around town looking for the missing dog (he does run away a lot - which was why he was muddy in the first place).

Finally, after a large chunk of time we drove back.  I walked in the door to find Mr. Man holding my cell phone, mad that I'd left it behind.  The kids were still where I'd left them in the living room, not noticing I'd even left.

Mr. suddenly noticed the dog who came in behind me.

"You told me he was in the basement!" he called out to the kids.

Sigh.  Duke and I looked at each other.  They didn't notice either of us were gone, nor had they searched for us.

I went back to doing the dishes, Mr. hollered at the kids to get up and do something, and the dog ran out into the muddy yard.

Some days you just wish you'd stayed in bed.

No comments:

Total Pageviews