Saturday, March 30, 2013

Little Miss and Easter

One day in the shop, surrounded by cupcakes and bags of icing, Little Miss appeared at my arm.

"Mom, which is badder for you; TV or candy?"  Without looking at her, I knew she was taking in what was around the room.  Her question made sense.  We had cut the cable a few years ago, and screen time was limited, but, boy, did she have a sweet tooth.

"Um, I would think TV," I answered.

"I think so, too," she said.

I started to explain. A teachable moment, I thought. "With TV, whatever you see and hear sticks in your mind for a long time, but with candy, the dentist can fix your teeth..."

"Hmm, hmm." She started to wander off.

"Don't you want to know my reasons?" I asked.

"No, I just wanted some candy," and off she went.

*****


Last night during a church service, Little Miss drew this picture of Jesus in the clouds. When asked who he was watching over, she replied,

"The Easter Bunny."

Of course. With all of the things we've taught her about Easter, she's got her own explanation in her six-year-old mind.

Happy Easter everyone.  Know Jesus is watching over you as your kids gobble up their candy.

He is Risen :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!
Happy Easter, Erin!

Total Pageviews