Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Lucky Sunglasses

I should never have lost my sunglasses.

I iced the cupcakes wrong.
The sun melted the buttercream swirls.
The cake slid into the side of the box.
The repair man never came.
I got pushed in line by an old man while waiting for a hotdog.
I got Canada Day parade candy thrown at me by a nasty parader at close range.
I couldn't eat the ice cream at the creamery.  I watched everyone else eat theirs.
We almost got backed over by a huge truck while watching the fireworks.
I almost got in a fight with the driver of the huge truck that almost backed over us.

I should never have lost those glasses.

I wore big, ugly sunglasses over my regular glasses.  It wasn't the same.
I wore a large brimmed baseball hat to shade my eyes.  It wasn't the same.

I missed my $15 Walmart special clip-ons that fit right over my glasses.

Today I got my sunglasses back.  They were delivered to my front door with a smile.

Since then, for supper I made steak the right way.
We beat the storm running home from the library.
Both kids won their soccer games.
And I had two answering machine messages from clients saying how happy they were with their cakes.

Maybe I'll wear my sunglasses all day tomorrow in hopes that the repair man comes calling.

*****

I will say Mr. Man found a small store selling pizza, begged the owner to look into their ice cream freezer, dug through the ice cream bars reading each label until he found a soy-free, peanut-free ice cream bar (probably from 2010) and ran out to hand me his prize.

Such a Super guy :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews