Thursday, June 28, 2012

Patience is a Virtue

Seriously?  Isn't life supposed to work out when in the Lord's hands?

I prayed and prayed for a dishwasher.  I went by the health unit's rules.  I kept my eyes and ears open for the Lord's leading and the right dishwasher to use.  Doors closed everywhere and finally, amidst frustration and confusion, a machine arrived.

$4200 later, and $1500 to install it, and I had a working, health unit approved dishwasher.

And 6 weeks later, it broke.

And 3 months later, it is still broken.

Lord?

The representative on the other end of the line is in Quebec, breathing heavy and sighing as much as I am.  Poor Alan at extension 214. (I have the number memorized now).  If only he and I were in charge of the world, I am sure I would have a working dishwasher.

It's those middle men.
.
.
.
Lord?

I put my head down on the table (I do that a lot).  I regroup.  I chant, "This is but a moment in my eternal life...this is but a moment in my eternal life."

The irony is I have a ton of work to do but because I am trapped here waiting for the fix-it man to arrive (I am on day five of waiting), I cannot work, but instead fret, pace, whine and eat junk food.

Lord?
.
.
.
Lord?

Did I pray for patience the other day? I didn't, did I?  I know better than that.  Maybe in my sleep?

Did Mr?

He wouldn't dare!  Hmmmm.  I gotta go.  I think I have a call to make.  And it's not to Alan at extension 214.
.
.
.
Patience may be a virtue, but misery loves company.

No comments:

Total Pageviews