Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A List of Smiles

After several weeks of the "black dog on my back," I have decided to list some of the things that make me genuinely smile:

1.  Upon opening the kitchen cupboard, I find sparkling clean, hand-washed water glasses (instead of the cloudy, soapy dishwasher washed ones).

2.  Upon opening a second kitchen cupboard (not necessarily on the same day), I find the sugarbowl has been filled and the crusties cleaned off the adjoining spoon.

3.  A fresh snowfall, and the sunshine afterward.

4.  A friend stopping by.

5.  A friend stopping by with one or all of the following:
   - flowers
   - latte
   - pie/cheese cake (NOT CAKE)

6.  Watching my kids read.

7.  Picking up my dog from the groomers.

8.  Opening a new tub of margarine and getting the inner swirl first.

9.  Finding out my purse is big enough to fit an entire bag of Fudgeos inside.

10.  Eating those fudgeos.

11.  Tulips.

12.  Opening a new book.

13.  Rereading an excellent book.

14.  Listening to my children sing.

15.  Working with my hands.

16.  Jimmy Fallon's impersonations of Neil Young and Bob Dylan.

17.  Any episode of "Chuck," "The Big Bang Theory," and, I confess, anything with Colin Firth in it.

18.  Kittens.

19.  Good coffee.  Large double double at Timmy's.

20.  Making someone laugh.

And these are just a few.  I may have to remind myself of this list in the future, and possibly add to it now and again.  What are some of the things that make you smile?  Try and list three.  Or tell me how many are on your list.

Photo taken from http://pixtalpeep.blogspot.com/  Great site for smiles!

6 comments:

LesTravels said...

Things that make me smile
1. The sound of a boy soprano singing
2. The new green of spring
3. the feel of clean sheets on my bed.

LesTravels said...

My three are
1 Boy soprano voice
2 First green of spring
3. Feel of clean sheets on my bed

The Muser said...

This reminds me of Ann Voskamp's book "One thousand gifts." If you haven't read it, you can borrow mine! It's awesome an

Three things I'm thankful for today:

1) Friends who pray for me and come over to bring me books they've bought for me.
2) Friends who "checked in" on me via facebook and email.
3) Ways I've been able to help others even though the black dog has been biting at me too.

Arm said...

The best smile is caused by a red flag on Erin's sign outside her house

Shaun and Holly said...

3 things that make me smile:

1. my husbands humor
2. our silly pup
3. when our children get along (that really makes me smile!) :)

MOM said...

Hi: I am emailing you my 3 favourite things because facebook is not one of them.
1) Hugs from my grandchildren.
2) Hearing the first spring peepers. (frogs)
3) Putting on new socks.

Total Pageviews