Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tips for a Good Sleep


Summer holidays have started!! The wedding crunch has momentarily paused for family trips and outings, and a few wonderful sleep-filled nights.

Looking back on the past few weeks, I have noticed a few things that helped me sleep better:

1. Hire an assistant. She comes in when I need her, preps decorations, tortes cakes, and ices cookies. She also seems to wash the dishes when I'm not looking so my tools are always clean and ready. She helps me find missing items, which I am always misplacing (i.e. measuring tape, veining tool, scotch tape, my brain...) and most of all, she lets me talk through cake designs, time planning, and puts my mind at ease so I can sleep that night.

2. Have a beer and hug a teddy. Unfortunately I can't find a teddy big enough to hug me back, but I found one stuffed dog that seems to do the trick. I tried to crawl in bed with my daughter once but she kicked me out.

3. To block out night noises, turn the fan on high. But don't point it at you, it makes your joints hurt. (I don't know if that is actually true. My grandpa told me that years ago, so it could just be in my head. But my joints sure hurt after a night of fanning - even my teeth ache).

4. Plug the nose of the snorer beside you. Or move around a lot so they wake up, grumble, and go sleep somewhere else. "Don't bother trying our daughter's room - she doesn't like visitors!"

5. Finally, read a really boring book. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson was a real yawner. Sorry, Helen. Not my speed. You'll be asleep in no time. And if you happen to wake during the night like I do, pull out your trusty flashlight (which you've hidden from the kids) and reread the page you were just on. Knocked out!

Happy sleeping! Feel free to post any of your sleeping potions :)
Erin

No comments:

Total Pageviews