Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sleepless in Stirling

Did I mention that I don't sleep? 2:18 am and I am up again. Friday nights of W.S. (wedding season) are the worst. I close my eyes and settle in, only to envision piping going through the sky, large rocks falling on cakes, or animals ravaging my kitchen. Tonight it was my husband changing lightbulbs dangling over the cakes - only it wasn't a dream. 11:45pm and he is changing lightbulbs.

So I went down, scowled at him, and went back to work, piping those dreams onto an actual cake.

When I was a teacher, it was Sunday nights that kept me awake. I'd procrastinate all weekend, and then at about 4pm on Sunday, the panic would set in and I'd have to do lesson planning, marking, reports, whatever, until the wee hours of the morning. Then the rest of the night I'd dream of everything I just crammed into my head.

There was a Calvin and Hobbs cartoon once that showed Calvin getting up for school, eating breakfast, getting dressed, brushing his teeth, etc...and then to wake up and realize he'd dreamt the whole thing! And now he had to do it all over again for real! With his tired little face he encompasses how I feel most Saturday mornings.

So here lies my list for tomorrow:

By 10am:
-bake 15 vanilla cupcakes
-ice in red buttercream swirls
-finish racing flags and add to cupcakes
-add eyes, lightning bolts, tire and hood details to lightning mcqueen

By noon:
-reattach flowers with royal icing
-prepare cake kit for delivery
-pipe green leaves
-deliver, picture optional

By 2pm:
-make strawberry bcream and ganache
-die ganache black
-torte, ice, cover and stack choc-straw cakes
-expect delivery of rose petals to attach
-take picture, deliver

-stack 4-tier (now piped) wedding cake
-attach flowers
-take picture, and deliver

Easy day, right? Let's hope I get each cake to the right place and the right time. Perhaps I will dream of that instead...

No comments:

Total Pageviews