Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Introduction:

For any of you who happen upon this blog, you will see it is really about nothing. Mostly about "stuff". Things I hate, things that are great, things that make me smile or things that just went really bad. I am a mom, and even though I hate the mom blog thing, kids do tend to do great things so I may mention kid #1 or kid#2. And there is The Man, who swoops in once in awhile to make his presence known, and to save the day often. I believe it is the author of Under the Duvet, who calls her husband, Himself. I love that. So I will call mine: The Man. But I am free to change my mind. This is my blog.

I remember being in grade 2 and we made up these books (the pages were laminated and everything!!) about all the things that were great about us. I remember I had my left hand print on one page stating I was left handed, and all of these great things that were important to a grade 2 student. But mom eventually threw it out. Ah, the inability to see quality art! And now I try and toss out random paintings from my kids and cringe as they open the lid off the recycling compartment and gasp in horror.

I still have my laminated book of poetry from grade 4 secretly stashed away. Beautiful stuff, really. Maybe I'll post it someday (oh, another cringe)!

To all those primary teachers who laminate children's work and make them feel oh so important:

Thank You,

Erin

No comments:

Total Pageviews